Preparation Time : 30 mins
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Best Serve : 10 Pax
- 1kg rice preferably basmati rice, 5 1/2 cups
- 6 cups water
- 200ml Thick Santanmas Coconut Milk
- 3 pandan leaves/screw pine leaves knotted and slightly bruised
- 2 stick lemongrass crushed
- 1 ginger crushed
- 1 tsp sugar to taste
- 2 tsp salt to taste
- First rinse the rice and drained.
- Place the drained rice in a rice cooker.
- Pour 50ml (1/4) of the thick coconut milk into a measuring cup.
- Then dilute with some water.
- Add in salt and sugar and stir to mix.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the drained rice in the rice cooker.
- Add in additional water to make sure the volume of the watery coconut milk is the same as the rice in volume. (Altogether is about 6 cups).
- Lastly add in crushed ginger, lemongrass and screw pine leaves.
- Switch on the rice cooker and cook the rice
- When the rice reaches warming stage, add the balance (150ml) of the thick coconut milk.
- Stir the rice. Close the lid and continue cooking until done.
- Fluff up the rice and serve it hot.